Pacific Sun - P&O Cruises
|Speed||Maximum 21 knots|
|Passenger cabins||740 cabins in total – incl 10 suites with balconies; 432 standard outside cabins; 298 standard inside cabin|
|Passenger facilities||Dedicated children’s centres with supervised activity programs for children and teens, outdoor pools and whirlpool spas, Lotus Spa and fitness centre, Duty and Tax-free shopping, show lounge, casino and several bars and lounges.|
‘Classic Dining‘P&O Cruises Pacific Sun offers ‘Classic Dining’ with a choice of two evening sittings in the main dining rooms~.
- Sophisticated yet comfortable Burgundy and Bordeaux dining rooms offer à la carte breakfasts (7.30am–9.30am), lunches (12pm–2pm) and four-course dinners (First Sitting 5.45pm or 6.15pm, Second Sitting 8.15pm or 8.30pm) along with an extensive wine list*
- Lido deck for full buffet breakfast and lunch (6am–10.30am and 11.30am–2.30pm)
- Afternoon tea with cakes and pastries
- Steakhouse* (from 6.30pm–11pm)
- Pizzeria* (from 5pm till late)
- Bar snacks*
- Sushi and Oyster Bar*
- Ice Cream Bar*
- 24-hour room service*
*Charges apply. Dining times may vary.
~ ’Your Choice Dining’ will be introduced on Pacific Sun cruises from February 2009. Please enquire at time of booking.
Bars and lounges
World of entertainment
Ways to spend your day
^A nominal fee may apply for some classes.
What’s the secret to a great family holiday? Making sure the kids have loads of things to do. That’s why they have three Children’s Centres on board for kids of all ages, from toddlers to teens. Their experienced Youth Activity Team love organising the best range of cool activities. Flexibility is what it is all about. Let the kids come for just a few hours or more. You can relax knowing they’re in safe hands and having the time of their lives.There’s so much to do in one day that they publish a daily newsletter just to tell you about all the great events that are going on. When you see what’s in store for your children, you’ll enjoy your holiday even more.
3 to 6 Years
7 to 12 Years
13 to 17 Years
Infants aged 12 months to 2 years 11 months travel for free with two adults in a cabin. However, children under the age of 3 years cannot enter the Children’s Centre unless they are directly supervised by their own parent or guardian.
Due to limited facilities on board, they cannot guarantee your child’s participation in the Children’s Centres. While they will make every effort to accommodate all interested children, entry into the Children’s Centres will be on a first come first serve basis.
Children must be toilet trained. Children’s Centres vary from ship to ship and hours may differ.
Pacific Sun's Fun Facts and Figures
- 72 chefs, cooks and bakers prepare more than 8,600 meals a day for passengers and crew
- Pacific Sun had a makeover in 2008 at a cost of A$10 million
- On an average South Pacific cruise, Pacific Sun’s culinary masters will use around: 50,000 eggs, 1000kg of bacon, 2800kg of chicken, 1000kg of lettuce, 2500kg of rice, 375kg of coffee, 1500 kg of pineapples and 5000 litres of milk.
- With a length of 223m, Pacific Sun is equivalent to three 747 jumbo jets lined up in a row