Coral Expeditions is a 35-year-old Australian pioneering expedition cruise company. We operate and manage a fleet of three small expedition ships taking guests to some of the most beautiful, yet undiscovered, regions of Australia, Asia-Pacific, South-Pacific, and Indian Ocean islands. Over 8,000 travelers from all over the world travel with us every year who are attracted by our relaxed small ship atmosphere and itineraries which larger ships cannot replicate.
At a time when the cruise industry is moving to larger and less personal ships, we have limited the size of our ships to maximize the expedition experience. Our small-batch cuisine is freshly prepared onboard with a simplistic and generous approach to quality and freshness, accompanied by quality Australian wine. We operate to high Australian standards of safety with Australian crew wherever we go. We were the first to offer interpretive programs reflective of the destinations we visit and to employ Expedition Leaders, Guest Lecturers, Marine Biologists, and SCUBA Instructors – a tradition that continues today.
At Coral Expeditions, we have built our reputation on offering a very different expedition cruise experience.
- We have no organized entertainment on board – instead, we offer a daily program of lectures, briefings, and themed documentaries and movies
- We do not have multiple glitzy restaurants – but our chefs prepare fresh daily, high-quality cuisine using Australian and local ingredients
- We do not have ‘formal’ nights or assigned seating – you can dine with whom you please and share the day’s stories
- We have no room service menus – but our crew will be happy to serve you a meal in-room if you are under the weather or prefer to eat in
- We do not have minibars – our guests love to mingle over drinks on the sundeck or in one of our comfortable lounges
- We do not have a casino – but our captains welcome you to the bridge to observe operations and have a chat
- We don’t have butlers and spas – but all staterooms have their own ensuites, some with balconies, large picture windows, or portholes, all outward-facing. Serviced daily and come with nightly turndown service.
- We don’t have a swimming pool – but all our ships have swimming platforms from where you can take a dip in the ocean
- We do not charge for shore excursions
- We do not require tips
- We welcome young and old
Just bring your passion to dream, explore and discover.