Tour the highlights of Cairns then visit the tropical Botanic Gardens and Palm Cove. Resorts, white sand beaches, and an azure tropical sea make the Coral Coast one of Australia’s foremost destinations.
Gray Line’s exclusive Best of Cairns tour exemplifies the character of Far North Queensland. The highlights of Cairns, tropical gardens, beach resorts, crocodiles, kangaroos, and “true blue” Outback Aussies.
Cairns Highlights Tour 492:
- Cairns new beachside development
- Cairns Esplanade paralleling the harbor
- Historic Courthouse Hotel
- Reef Casino Hotel
- Grand verandahed pubs and heritage buildings
- Pockets of dense rainforest
- Bats and water birds
- Visit St Monica’s Cathedral to see the incredible ‘Creation’ windows – an impressive display of themed stained glass windows
- Afternoon tea at ‘Edge Deli’ – consisting of either Genovese coffee/tea/hot chocolate with scones, gourmet jam, and cream
- Tropical homes and suburbs
- Panoramic views over Cairns and surrounds from Copperlode Lookout
- Take a guided walk through Flecker Botanic Gardens – a breathtaking collection of lush native and exotic tropical plants – orchids, palms, heliconia, bamboo, tropical fruits, and vines
- Visit stunning Paradise Palms Golf Course
- Palm Cove – an idyllic tropical resort town
- Stroll along the glorious beachfront Williams Esplanade of Palm Cove.
CAIRNS NIGHT ZOO
- Tuck into a delicious Aussie BBQ with complimentary drinks
- You will be provided with a torch (flashlight) by your guide
- Walk in the dark and meet creatures of the night
- Owls, possums, koalas
- Large numbers of crocodiles – watch their eyes glow in the torchlight
- Enjoy Billy Tea and damper with a “swaggie” (an original Australian bushman)
- Kangaroos are sure to say g’day and maybe even share a bite to eat!
- After a complimentary beer, wine, or soft drink, join in the fun and learn some Aussie bush dances.