The new Spirit of Queensland combines modern seating and entertainment options with the romance of long distance rail travel. Contemporary, comfortable and designed for relaxation, the newest addition to the Queensland Rail Travel fleet has two dedicated RailBed Cars, a shared Club Car and three Premium Economy Seat Cars.
RailBed: An Australian first, the revolutionary RailBed is a spacious and comfortable seat by day (recline 35°) that includes a state of the art personal entertainment system (18.5 inches) offering on-demand movies and music. In the evening, the onboard team convert your seat to a lie-flat bed (1.7-1.9m length x 51.5cm width, with a 7.5cm mattress).
- All main meals served directly to your seat
- 240v powerpoint and USB point, drink holder, reading light and footrest
- All bed linen (sheets, duvet & pillow), towel and Queensland organic and sustainable amenities pack
Premium Economy Seat: Premium Economy seats have state-of-the-art personal entertainment systems (8.9 inches) offering on-demand movies and music.
- Premium leather seating
- Reading light, drink holder, 240v power adapter
- Seat recline – 30° / Pitch – 1080m
Onboard facilities available to all customers
- Licensed Club Car providing light refreshments, confectionery and beverages and open 24 hrs
- Drinking fountains
- Showers and Toilets located in the end of each carriage
- Smoking is not permitted
- RailBed – check in two (2) items not exceeding 20kg each
- Premium Economy – check in one (1) item not exceeding 20kg each
- One (1) item of carry on hand luggage free of charge up to 20kg
- Allocated spaces and accessible seats/ Rail Beds are available as well as signage with raised text, braille and hearing aid loops
- Disability accessible shower/toilet located in the first RailBed carriage and first Premium Economy carriage in the direction of travel.
Click here for information on the Cairns Skyrail?
If you are looking for holiday or transfer packages, please contact us below.