61 Mandalay Avenue, Nelly Bay – Magnetic Island
Located just 8km off the coast of Townsville, All Seasons Magnetic Island on Magnetic Island strikes a perfect balance between the seclusion of an island paradise and modern comfort. Set amongst 10 acres of lush tropical gardens and manicured lawns, the Resort adds a touch of luxury to its idyllic setting.
- Tennis Courts – Two flood-lit courts are available, and rackets and balls are available from the reception desk in the foyer.
- Table Tennis – A table tennis table is located in the games room, and bats and balls are available from the reception desk.
- Swimming Pool – The pool area is open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- Playground – A playground is located near the games room, parental supervision is advised.
- Laundry – The guest laundry is located adjacent to the rock pool garden, the machines are coin-operated, and change and soap powder are available from reception.
- Rainy Days – A rarity on the island, however a variety of board games are available from reception.
- Shop – The nearest shop is located 5 minutes walk from the Resort on Mandalay Avenue.
- Souvenirs and Gifts – A Variety of souvenirs and gifts are available for purchase in the reception foyer.
- Wireless Hotspot – Connect to the internet with your own wireless-enabled laptop.
- Internet Cafe – Surf the internet on our high-speed ADSL service. Printing is also available.
All Seasons Magnetic Island boasts all the atmosphere of an island paradise, lush gardens nestled at the foot of Mount Cook, on the very edge of a National Park, in the midst of the sun-drenched beaches and bays of Magnetic Island. All Seasons Magnetic Island can organize everything from your ceremony, guest transportation and accommodation, photographers, and floral arrangements; to what wines you want on the table.
Fully equipped function room and convention centre, all 100 guest rooms and facilities are all within easy walking distance on the Resort grounds making organization of groups a breeze.
Resort rooms are the standard room type for the resort but still remain exceptional regarding quality. Ideal for a couple of business travellers they contain 1 Queen. The current room size is 34m2 – 36m2 (Square Metres).
As the name suggests are very fine in quality and slightly larger than the standard rooms approximately 40 – 42m2 (Square Metres). The Deluxe Suites are ideal for that special occasion and those couple nights away.
The largest of rooms available, being approximately 65 – 72m2 (Square Metres) in size, featuring a bedding configuration of 1 Queen + 2 Singles the family rooms are adequate for families of four.
- Clock radio
- Ironing Equipment
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
Magnetic Island is the only island on the North Queensland Coast with a delightful blend of untouched National Park, a resident population of about 2,500 and a variety of holiday resorts.
Although in the Tropics, the Townsville area is in a rain shadow which makes it the sunniest city on the Queensland coast (Magnetic Island averages over 320 days of sunshine per year). Just twenty minutes by fast “Cat” across Cleveland Bay from Townsville and you could be in what many consider Paradise!
More than 70% of the Island’s 5,184 hectares is National Park, with Mt.Cook in the centre rising to 497 metres. Huge granite boulders are softened by tall Hoop pines, eucalypt forests and small patches of rainforest.
FUN FOR ALL:
- Palms – 120 different varieties of palms can be found in the Resort gardens, some rare and exotic. Botanical description labels are on many of their trunks.
- Rock Wallabies – These relatively rare wallabies can sometimes be seen near the Radical Bay rooms on the Resort at dusk and early in the morning.
- Bird Feeding – Kookaburras and lorikeets are attracted to the poolside area around dusk each evening.
- Games Room – A games room is located close to the tennis courts. Open between 8 am and 10 pm.
- Snorkels – Snorkels are available from reception, a small charge applies.
Warm waters, clear blue skies and pristine beaches create a tranquil scene that soothes all who visit and the island is renowned for its variety of water sports. Recreation on the island includes:
- Scuba Diving
- Barrier Reef Trips
- Water Skiing
- Jet skiing
- Koala Park
- Horse Riding
- Bush Walking
- Bus & 4WD Drive Tours