Daintree is nature’s kingdom, a gem in Australia’s crown of natural icons. Fan palms; Flying Paradise Kingfishers; tree frogs; butterflies of every hue and colour; Rainbow Lorikeets; entwining strangler figs; rampant climbing vines set by crystal streams flowing into a tropical sea. The remote natural magnificence of Cape Tribulation and Daintree Wet Tropics is far from the glitz of civilisation and brings both awe and peace – a true solace to the soul.
- Head north along the Coral Coast following the Captain Cook Highway
- Tour Port Douglas – resort playground of tropical North Queensland
- Head inland passing sugar cane fields towards Daintree National Park
- Take a guided rainforest walk and discover the intricacies of the rainforest at Mossman Gorge
- Cross the Daintree River on board a cable-driven vehicular ferry.
- Enjoy morning tea and a guided forest walk at the Daintree Discovery Centre
- Walk the tree tops of the tropical rainforest at the Canopy Tower
- Travel deep into the Daintree rainforest to Coconut Beach Resort for a tropical buffet lunch
- Cape Tribulation – dazzling untrodden white sand beaches capped by an azure tropical sea meet the dense green of the rainforest jungle
- Time for a walk along this perfect beach or view the headland from the boardwalk
- Visit Alexandra Lookout – spectacular views of the Daintree River & Coral Sea
- Cruise the Daintree River – mangroves, impenetrable jungle rainforest and crocodile-infested waters
- Look for birds and wildlife – interesting residents include large spiders, pythons, death adders and crocodiles!
- Enjoy complimentary afternoon tea before returning to Cairns
Prices – 488
Adult – $155
Child – $78
- 7.30 am Cairns
- 8.00 am Nathan Beaches
- 8.30 am Port Douglas
- 5.30 pm Port Douglas
- 6.00 pm Nathan Beaches
- 6.30 pm Cairns
Morning Tea, Daintree Discovery Centre, Daintree River cruise, Buffet lunch, Guided rainforest walk, Afternoon Tea, National Park fees, Vehicular Ferry.