Queensland Rail – Important Information
Adult: Full Adult fare
Child: Children four years and under sixteen years of age. Children under four occupying a seat/berth must pay the child’s fare.
Student: Students 16 years and over in possession of a valid full time QLD Secondary and Tertiary ID Card or International Student ID Card
QLD Pensioner: Pensioner and Government Senior Card holders receive half base rail fare (excluding berths, meals and motorail) in possession of their respective Concession Card.
Interstate Pensioners/Senior Discounts: Interstate Pensioners and Government Senior Cards holders 10 – 25% discounts – conditions apply. Please contact our Customer Service Representatives for a fare quote.
QUEENSLAND RAIL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Please read the following booking conditions carefully. Bookings are only accepted on the basis of the following conditions. Terms & Conditions only apply for bookings made through Traveltrain Holidays.
How to Book
Select the product of your choice and then either call Traveltrain Holidays, visit a QR Travel Centre or consult with your Travel Agent who will make the reservation request. Please note that all reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. They do recommend booking as far in advance as possible, especially for school holidays and other peak periods. Any quote given is only an estimate of the price, which is subject to written advice on confirmation of your booking.
Security Deposits and Payments
Failure to meet the following payment conditions may result in automatic cancellation of your booking. Once full payment has been received by Traveltrain Holidays your documents will be issued and sent to you.
- Traveltrain Holidays requires a minimum non refundable security deposit of $165 per booking within seven days of booking confirmation. For group bookings containing ten or more passengers a minimum deposit of $110 per person is required within seven days of booking confirmation.
- Additional deposits may be levied by your Travel Agent at the time of booking.
- Full payment of your holiday cost must be made 45 days prior to travel.
- For bookings made less than 45 days prior to travel but more than seven days prior to travel, full payment of your holiday cost must be made within 48 hours of confirmation of your booking.
- If the booking is made less than eight days prior to travel, full payment of your holiday cost is required at the time of booking confirmation.
- Until full payment is received by Traveltrain Holidays, you do not have a final booking and the price of your holiday is not guaranteed.
- In arranging your booking, Traveltrain Holidays is acting as the agent of the Operator of the relevant product and/or services and at no time do you have a contract with Traveltrain Holidays. Please note all bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those Operators.
Any booking paid within seven days of travel may incur a $10 fee for urgent forwarding of documentation.
Any amendment to your booking is subject to the approval of the relevant Operator. Any approved change to your booking prior to, at or after making final payment will incur an amendment fee of $65 per booking in addition to any fees imposed by the Operator.
Cancellations and Refunds
Prior to Final Payment: There will be no refund of your security deposit.
After Final Payment: There will be no refund of your security deposit, in addition to any fees imposed by the Operator, which may be up to 100% of monies paid.
Traveltrain Holidays reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or due to circumstances beyond its control. Traveltrain Holidays is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected by changes to or cancellation of your booking.
Without limitation, Traveltrain Holidays will not be responsible if the Product is not available due to force majeure, including but not limited to, civil unrest, health risk, closure of airports/ports etc, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or other Acts of God.
Price and Conditions
Any verbal quote given is only an estimate of the price, which will be subject to written confirmation of your booking and receipt by Traveltrain Holidays of the full payment of the price of your holiday.
Rates are effective from 1 April 2008 to 31 March 2009, but are subject to change without notice. Prices listed are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and inclusive of GST. Prices advertised are based on per person twin share unless otherwise stated.
We strongly recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance, at the time of booking. Ask us for details when making your booking.
All luggage is carried at your own risk. Traveltrain Holidays accepts no liability for loss, damage or delay to luggage.
- All passengers may have conveyed free of charge two items of luggage not exceeding 25 kilograms (55 pounds) each, plus one piece of hand luggage.
- Where check-in facilities are available, luggage must be presented at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Once luggage is checked in, passengers will receive a unique ID tag. This tag will allow the retrieval of passenger’s luggage once the train has arrived at the appropriate destination.
- The liability for loss or damage is limited to $200.00 AUD
- Unchecked luggage is carried at the owner’s risk. Identification tags should be affixed to all items including hand luggage. Occupational Health and Safety Legislation provides guidelines outlining the safe weight that can be lifted by our staff. We appreciate your co-operation.
The following prohibited articles may not be carried by the Passenger or placed in their luggage:
- Substances and articles the Carriage of which is prohibited in any state or territory through which the luggage is carried;
- Things or items which cause damage or which are dangerous including (but without limitation) loaded firearms, explosives or inflammable substances or articles, oxidizing, toxic, radioactive, corrosive or repugnant substances or substances liable to cause infections;
- Live animals, insects, birds or fish;
- Articles which in the opinion of the Operator are unsuitable for Carriage because of their weight, size or character;
- Illegal narcotic substances other than prescribed drugs;
- Plants. The carrier may refuse to carry any luggage which is not acceptable as luggage as provided by this clause.
The following onboard security information only applies for trains within Queensland.
Traveltrain want to provide you with a safe, reliable and comfortable travel experience. You can play an important role by thinking SAFETY first. Whilst on station platforms remain behind the yellow platform line at all times unless accessing or egressing a service. Please also be cautious when entering or leaving your train or coach service.
The minimum age for a child to travel without an accompanying adult is twelve years. Parents & Guardians should consider whether this is suitable depending on the particular circumstances of the journey involved. Onboard staff provide a general duty of care to all customers but cannot provide dedicated attention to minors in this situation.
It is recommended to keep all items of value on your person at all times whilst onboard. Checked luggage is covered for loss or damage up to a maximum of $200.00 per item and all carry on luggage is at owners risk.
Traveltrain provide a smoke free environment for both passengers and staff. The smoking of any substance is not allowed on trains or platforms or in booking offices and other enclosed areas.
You can purchase a selection of wine and beer on Traveltrain services if you are aged 18 or over. You are not permitted to consume alcohol purchased elsewhere while on a Traveltrain service. Traveltrain reserves the right to refuse alcohol service to intoxicated passengers and may deny them access to further Traveltrain services. Traveltrain endorses the Responsible Service of Alcohol.