** 4WD EXPERIENCE + BAY CRUISE + SAND SURFING + SNORKEL THE TANGALOOMA WRECKS **
Their EXTREME day tour to Moreton Island has been designed to get the most out of your day and experience some of the best adventures Moreton Island is famous for. Moreton is a true wilderness destination, 98% National Park, and with no formed roads on the Island, they will be using bush tracks and the beach to get you around. Moreton – a true paradise with the whitest of beaches with clear blue waters.
• Luxury cruise including Brisbane River, Moreton Bay, and Moreton Island Marine Park. Relax in the comfortable lounge with café / bar facilities. It is a great opportunity to spot dolphins, dugongs and turtles from the viewing deck.
• 4WD fully guided eco-tour across the Island through the eucalypt forest to the Desert. Your guide will give you an insight into bush tucker and the history of the Island along the way.
• Want to try sandboarding? They give you the opportunity to sandboard or toboggan down some of the World’s largest sand dunes. They only use professional equipment and are the Island’s original sandboarding company (no flat boards). Or simply just watch the action and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the “Desert”.
• Guided Snorkelling: Near the beach at Tangalooma are 15 scuttled wrecks providing an artificial reef system rich in a diverse range of tropical and sub-tropical fish, invertebrates and coral – fish tame enough to eat out of your hand! An ideal place for snorkelling with easy access and is World renowned. Professional guide to provide instruction. Personal flotation devices, snorkels, fins, masks, and rash shirts are provided. (Shirts and wetsuits provided winter only.)
• All transport, National Park fees, etc included.
• Picnic lunch provided.
• Free pickup from your Hostel / Hotel.
Valid till 31 March 2010
This is an active tour that is best suited for those 18-35 years or those looking for an exciting day out and a bit of adventure!
Included in price:
Transport, tour guide, National Park Fees, ferry charges, all equipment including body boards, snorkel equipment, sand toboggans, sand boards, picnic lunch
What to bring:
swimmers, towels, footwear essentials such as sandals or walking shoes, sunscreen, sun hat, and insect repellant.
Fitness level required:
Tangalooma Wrecks, Queensland
06:50 AM Daily
Brisbane: Transit Centre, Roma Street, Brisbane City. Gate 15, Level 3. Wait near the luggage lockers. CBD pickups are available for day tours. Pickup points are available from West End, Fortitude Valley and East Brisbane / Kangaroo Point. The tour returns to Brisbane at 6 pm Monday to Saturday and 6.45 pm on Sundays.
Other Tours Offered by Goanna Adventures:
Bush n Sand
Eco-Adventure Day Tour
Fraser Discovery 3-Day Guided Tour
2 Day Fraser Island Safari