Hervey Bay tours and rentals are highly acclaimed and specialise in eco tours. Such activities as Whale Watching, fishing and Fraser Island tours are included in the most popular. The Whale watch season runs from mid July to early November and the bay is alive with Humpback Whales.
Some of the most popular whale watching cruises are Whalesong Cruises, Spirit of Hervey Bay, Tasman Venture, Blue Dolphin cruises, Kingfisher Whale Watching, Mikat cruises and Quick Cat. As of 2010 season two of these operators have brand new vessels under construction. Trips to Fraser Island come in one day tours, camping tours and extended tours. Fraser Island with its lakes and rainforests is a must see destination.
Tour operators such as the Fraser Island Company, Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort and Fraser Venture tours are very popular. Four wheel drive vehicles are required to access the island and these are available from Aussie Trax four wheel drive hire and Budget rent a car. Tours are also available to the Bundaberg Rum distillery as well as the northern tip of Fraser Island and the Sandy cape lighthouse. Day trips to Lady Elliot Island fly out of Hervey Bay every day and this means that the Great Barrier Reef can be on your holiday itinerary as well. Your holiday will be enhanced by adding Hervey Bay tour and rental options.
Queensland tours from Brisbane also have regular tours that include the Fraser Island area and Hervey Bay.
Tours from Hervey Bay:
- Fraser Explorer Premium Day Tour
- Fraser Explorer – Lake McKenzie 2 Day 2 Night Tour
- Lady Elliot Island – Daytrip & Scenic Flight
- Palace Adventures
- Kingfisher Bay – Cool Dingo Tour
- Whalesong Whale Watching & Fraser Island Packages
- MI Helicopters
- Fraser Explorer Day Tour Ex Hervey Bay
- Sunrover – Fraser Island 2 Day Tour Ex Brisbane
- Sunrover – Outback 5 Day Carnarvon Gorge
- Fraser Explorer – 2 Day 1 Night Tour
- Palace Adventures – Fraser Island 4X4 Safaris
- Palace Adventures – Fraser Island + Whitsunday Sailing