» PORT DOUGLAS
Rich in local history with an international reputation, Port Douglas is a premiere destination nestled between two World Heritage-listed gems – the Great Barrier Reef and the rainforest of the Daintree and Cape Tribulation.
Immerse yourself in the unique environments of the Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary – the invigorating sounds and diverse colors of its inhabitants will captivate you. The seaside village of Port Douglas is a sophisticated tropical paradise… yours to savor and experience!
- Head north along the Coral Coast following Captain Cook Highway
- Look for wild wallabies in open fields
- Travel the spectacular Marlin Coastal Road set between the Eucalypt forest and the Coral Coast
- Views of Daintree National Park, Crocodile Island, and Low Isles
- Visit Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary
- Enjoy Lunch with the Lorikeets – a delicious BBQ buffet
- Explore the sanctuary on your own or perhaps take one of the scheduled tours through three wildlife environments – rainforest, wetlands, and grasslands
- Tour Port Douglas – a picturesque and idyllic tropical coastal village
- Marina Mirage
- St Mary’s by the Sea
- Historic Court House Hotel – the only building to survive the 1911 cyclone
- Macrossan Street – exquisite restaurants, cafes & bars, specialty shops, and stylish accommodation
- Stop at Four Mile Beach
- Ample time to enjoy at leisure – browse in the shops, walk along the street or have afternoon tea (own expense)
- Enjoy a drink at Skase’s Bar on the marina (own expense) and take in the atmosphere of this stunning location.
» KURANDA RAINFOREST – PORT DOUGLAS
Tropical North Queensland rainforest is to experience nature at its finest! Rail, gondolas, and amphibious army ducks all come together to enable you to appreciate the compelling enchantment of the rainforest.
The rainforest village of Kuranda, Aboriginal dancing, a Dreamtime experience, and native animals complete a special day.
- Ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over pristine rainforest just meters above the forest canopy
- Short walks at Barron Falls and Red Peak offer stunning views and time to explore the forest floor
- Sensational panoramic views of the Coral Sea, Green Island, Cairns City, lush tableland region, and mountain ranges
- Time to explore Kuranda – the village in the rainforest
- Browse the markets, shops, and art galleries, or visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary (own expense)
- Visit Rainforestation Nature Park set in a lush tropical environment
- Enjoy a tropical BBQ lunch
- Tour the world heritage rainforest in a 6-wheel drive amphibious army duck
- Learn of rainforest ecology on land and water
- Meet many of the unique inhabitants – butterflies, water dragons, pythons, turtles, and eels
- Tropical Fruit Orchard
- Witness the Pamagirri Aboriginal dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheater
- Experience a Dreamtime walk and learn of Aboriginal culture, spear-throwing demonstrations, and try your hand at boomerang throwing!
- See native wildlife close-up – kangaroos, wombats, koalas, and crocodiles
- Perhaps have your photo taken with a cuddly koala (own expense)
- Transfer to board the Kuranda Scenic Railway for a spectacular journey with stunning views
- Pass massive Barron Falls, Stoney Creek, and cross steep ravines.
*Tour operates in reverse.